Providing Spays and Neuters and Other Pet Surgeries in Bear, DE
Does your pet need a routine or elective surgical procedure? At Summit Bridge Veterinary Hospital, our doctors can perform a wide range of surgeries, depending on what your companion requires to live a better life. In addition to routine spay and neuter surgeries, our team can also perform mass removals, exploratory surgeries, and even amputations if needed. With our extensive experience and compliance with strict safety protocols, you can be assured that your pet will be in excellent hands while they’re in our care.
Protocols We Follow for Your Pet’s Safety
We take your companion’s safety very seriously, and abide by rigorous safety protocols to ensure your pet’s surgery goes smoothly.
Our team observes the following guidelines during every surgery we perform:
- Running pre-anesthetic blood work to check for underlying illness and evaluate your pet’s liver and kidney function
- Depending on your pet’s age and condition, we might perform a chest X-ray to assess their heart and lungs prior to surgery
- Providing an IV catheter so our team can easily administer fluids and medications to your pet during surgery
- Monitoring your pet’s vitals throughout the procedure with our state-of-the-art equipment
- Offering post-surgical care and monitoring to ensure that your pet wakes up safely and comfortably
Additional Surgeries We Provide in Bear, DE
Some other surgeries our doctors can provide in addition to spays and neuters include:
- Tumor/mass removal
- Foreign body removal
- Surgical biopsy
It is natural to feel some uncertainty about your pet undergoing surgery. At Summit Bridge Veterinary Hospital, we make your pet’s health and safety our highest priorities. If you have a concern or question about your pet’s surgery or recovery, please reach out to us at (302) 834-7387.